Push your code to git.
We'll deploy it on
AWS EC2 AWS Lighsail Digital Ocean Hetzner Cloud Linode Azure GCP Ubuntu
We wanted to create a deployment service which would enable you to self-host your infrastructure cost-effectively and as easy as a few clicks.
Appliku is a bring-your-own-server(BYOS) deployment service.
You connect a cloud provider account or provide a custom server with fresh Ubuntu, and Appliku will handle the setup and configuration of your apps.
Applications are deployed from your git repository and require minimal configuration.
Appliku operates without any proprietary tech. We install Nginx and Docker to run your apps.
Application overview: Latest builds, Server health, Application processes resources and databases.
Server overview: Stats, Deployment logs, Cloud Provider Information.
Application settings, single server deployment: Processes configuration, currently running processes stats.
Fixed monthly fee, no hidden costs.
For small weekend projects and trying out the service.
Great for personal use and next side projects.
Great for most of production grade services.
Ideal if you have many projects and scaling.
Appliku fully takes care of setting up your server, installing all required packages and configuring web server with SSL certificates via Let's Encrypt.
All the configuration is done via our dashboard. For most of apps, it is enough to have the Procfile in the root of your repository. Procfile is a simple text file listing commands to run your apps.
In other cases you might need to provide a custom Dockerfile to build your app if it requires specific OS libraries.
With help of special command `release` in Procfile you can specify the command or a script that will be executed after deployment of a new version of your app.
Yes, you can run as many apps as you want on a single server as long as the server has enough resources.
Yes, you can create as many apps from the same repo as you want and select the git branch for each of them. They can be on the same or different servers.
For single server deployments:
- Nginx is installed into the operating system and proxies requests to the port of your apps' web processes.
- Apps are running in Docker containers
- An application can have only single web process, which responds to HTTP requests
- Apps can have multiple other processes that don't receive HTTP traffic (queue/background workers/etc)
For cluster deployments:
- Nginx is installed in the cluster and passes traffic to web processes of apps
- Apps are executed within Docker Swarm
- Nginx sends traffic to the DNS name of the web process and Swarm takes care of the load balancing
- For cluster deployments having a container registry is required. By default, the one from the git provider (GitHub/GitLab) will be used. The app's image is built and pushed to container registry and then distributed to all cluster nodes.
Appliku allows you to create Postgres, Postgis, Redis, Mysql, RabbitMQ.
Databases are running in containers on your severs. You can create as many databases as you need as long as server has enough resources.
You can specify environment variables in the application settings. They will be available during the build time as well.
All communication with your server(s) is done via SSH. We don't install any additional apps to your server for the purpose of server management.
Yes, you can connect to the server via ssh by using the app or root user(or other sudo user used during setup, e.g. "ubuntu" for EC2/Lightsail instances).
You must add your public key to your user's profile in Appliku. Keys of all team members will be added to ~/.ssh/authorised_hosts on servers within your team.